Friday, June 18, 2010

June 2010 Family Vacation Day 7

There are 4 videos of our day at Cowboys Stadium

Other than the fact that this hotel has made me really dislike it, I had a very nice day.

We started our day by trying our luck with the hotel's complimentary breakfast. It was a hot buffet with eggs, bacon, sausage, French toast and hashbrown. But before we could eat I had walk up the starts back to our room for our tickets and accidently left my room key. Ernest's was in the room too so we were basically locked out. Now 1 I was annoyed that their poolside rooms can't be accessed from the elevators. And second, the front desk clerk refused to even offer to help me go back into the room to get our room key. The man just looked at me crazy and asked for my ID, which was also in the room. He just said, he couldn't give me another key and that was it. He went right back to work, the jerk. After calming down and Ernest trying to find a way in, I asked the man if someone could go with me to get my ID. He was even rude about that. I understand it's all about security and all, but he could have at least tried to help. I know we weren't the first guests to lock themselves out of their room. The lady in the restaurant, her name was Trudy, was very nice and helpful though.

Anyhow, after having a not so good breakfast we ended up being a little behind and had to rush getting ready for our Cowboys Stadium tour at 12:00. We rushed through traffic without really speeding and got there with 5 minutes to spare. We were expecting a lot of people at the stadium, but there were kids and buses everywhere which was beyond our expectations. Ernest was like a little kid in a candy store as soon as we walked into the Pro Shop. He wanted to see everything. I don’t blame him though. I would more than likely be worse than he was if I was at Candlestick Stadium or the 49ers New Stadium.

Our tour guide was very nice and had a great sense of humor. We started our tour on one the upper stadium levels, went to the new Cotton Bowl Headquarters, to one of the guest suites, then down to the Cheerleaders Locker Room. After that we were lead to the field and Robert, our 2 year old, was off and running. Let me just say that I had absolutely no idea that he would go as crazy as he did. I had to chase the child all over the place. Then to make things really crazy he tried to tackle one of the camera guys for the football they use for star photos. If that wasn't crazy enough he tried to tackle my 4 year old, Ernest at every opportunity he got. That alone was exhausting.

Once we hit the field we were basically on our own to explore the rest of the stadium. We saw the Miller Lite Club which was like a dark night club. The Miller Lite Club is where you can sit, have a cold beer and watch the players come and go on to the field for the games. No more empty concrete hall…LMAO. Actually I thought this was just as cool as the TVs all over the place. After talking with one of the guides we headed into the Interview Room and on to the Cowboys Locker Room, which was just simply huge as hell. Final spot was back on the field for a few more pictures and to the Pro Shop to buy Ernest a few shirts.

The whole tour took us 2 hours and by the time it was over it was way too hot and we were so exhausted that we decided to spend the evening in our room. We try to get something to eat from Jack in the Box, but that food was just crap. NASTY!!!! When my boys don’t eat it then it is pure crap. So we just ate what we had from our huge meal at Pappas Bar-B-Q.  And there ended our 2nd night in Dallas, TX.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Although comments are not moderated on this blog, any posts that are inappropriate or considered spam will be deleted.